The world is inevitably changing at lightning speed. With users looking for speed, convenience, and simplicity, mobile apps are on hype. But do want to know what kind of apps are in demand?
With the Coronavirus pandemic outbreak, people now prefer getting most of the things delivered at their doorstep to stay at home as much as possible.
Wondering what apps are in demand? Looking at this opportunity, if you are planning for on-demand app development in the USA, check out these 19 on-demand app ideas for 2021, which are very much in demand, but the supply of such apps is short. Be the first one to be a leading name in the on-demand app development category.
Overview of On-demand Service App
According to the report of Statista, apps are projected to generate 188.9 billion USD in revenues via app stores and in-app advertising in 2020.
This clearly shows an opportunistic plunge for investors, startups, and entrepreneurs. The apps in demand not only boost your business economy but also generate goodwill for the same.
Now, after looking at these insane figures, you might be wondering about what kind of apps do you expect in the future? To figure that out, you may also make a list of simple application ideas and pick one of the best ideas to serve the mass.
If you are still confused about the which type of app is in demand, we have curated most needed apps of some specific niches, which your startup or entrepreneur can look forward to. After going through this list, you may even find app ideas that haven’t been made yet.
On-demand Mobile App Ideas
- On-demand Uber-like Apps for TravelingThe era of on demand app development was started with Uber and Airbnb. In this fast opportunistic world, no one wants to be left behind, even in mere
- seconds. In a very short period, the transport and logistics industry got a new direction with the utmost success of the most popular taxi apps for Android and iOS which are Uber, Lyft, and Careem.
- The transport industry is vast; you can plan for cargo logistics apps, taxi booking apps, bus booking apps, e-scooter app, and also bicycles. People who often like to travel will need travel means, which are easily accessible and within their budget.Through apps like Uber, you can create your own targeted niche, with some engaging features, like live traffic checking, GPS navigator, no extra cost on the cancelation, rescheduling rides.
- Pharmacy Delivery AppsWith COVID-19, we are facing an enemy who is totally invisible to our eyes. The only way that we can beat it is by staying indoors as much as possible and using on demand app services. The reason why the usage of the best on demand apps has skyrocketed.
- Imagine that you have a headache. Would you like to go out to buy medicines or send your close ones to go out and get in touch with someone who is COVID-19 positive? In these times, prescription delivery startups can come forward.Uber for medicine apps or prescription delivery services apps let people buy the required medicines and drugs from a drugstore whenever they want. This is one of the apps that are in demand. The trend is here to stay because the Coronavirus is not going away at any time soon, even according to WHO.
- On-demand Fashion AppsWhat will one do if he is stuck in the office and has so much work that he is not able to buy a present for his wife on her birthday? The answer is simple! On demand app idea like Fashion apps a one-stop destination for all last-minute orderings.The eCommerce app development can bring you a lot of exposure like Amazon. Fashion trends are never going to end.The report from Statista shows that 42% of consumers love shopping online. This keeps the momentum going as people continue shopping online. You can also add features like a payment system, shopping cart, and push notifications.
On-demand Health Apps
On demand health apps are of trending app ideas which have been used by many users. Day by day, people are getting more health-conscious. But because of their busy schedule, everyone can’t hit the gym or attend meditation classes. In this scenario, your app will be a handy exercise kit for them.
- If you are planning to dive into the health app genre, grab your opportunity now. The concept of “health” itself is a never-ending sector. You can create an app for a doctor consultation, an informative app related to major diseases, health and fitness regime apps, meditation apps.There is a lot more to discover and such an app business idea concept can bring a lot of revenue and brand name for your business.
- On-demand Plumbing AppsGone are the days of paper invoices and calling the plumber a thousand times to repair a pipe or running tap. Try something out of the box with a plumbing app. Being new in the industry, you will have a higher chance to be successful.You can create your plumbing app that calculates information about pipes and water flow or can review the different systems for more efficient and accurate results.Finding a plumber was a hard task a long time ago, but now online apps have made it easy for users to find them.
- On-demand Mechanics AppsBridge a gap between mechanic and car owner. The car repair apps are lately very much in demand. People are traveling the globe with their transport modes. There are certain places where there is no garage or mechanics available, where you can take an opportunity to establish this as a marketplace app for travelers.
- Before considering any of the concepts, make sure you are targeting the right niche, with some unique features that can lure your audience. In the case of a mechanic app, make your app available in such remote areas, and hire efficient mechanics who can actually be the core of your business.
- On-demand Plant Delivery AppsThere is a lot of scientific evidence showing that houseplants can remove harmful toxins from the air and also reduce stress. In fact, a study by the University of Queensland found that offices with plants showed an increase in productivity by up to 15%.However, finding the perfect plant for your house or office is a pain. Especially, if you’re living in urban areas and don’t know much about plants. This has made the demand for apps and websites selling plants soar high.
- On-demand Beauty Service AppsIf we go by the statistics, an average woman spends around $3756 annually on beauty services. This is inevitably a huge amount.Now, if you already have a soaring beauty service business, there is a business idea, you can implement. Like, you can add an app to gain unbeatable and huge profits. Even, if you are an entrepreneur, you will get a profitable business model.Today, working women don’t get much time to spend in salons. They require an efficient solution that can cater to the best beauty services. This is exactly what this app will do for them, including home comfort.
- On-demand House Cleaning AppsIn the fast-paced world, often found that working professionals, single-parent households, elderly people, or the ones who can afford to have delegated the cleaning services to the professionals for saving their essential time.
- No doubt, the trend of booking house cleaning services is growing. Moreover, due to the increase in professional works, the demand for house cleaning services will keep on growing in the years ahead.
- On-demand Dog Walking AppsAccording to a report of III, 63.4 million of the USA households own a dog. This number will surely go up with time.
- Many of them cannot take care of their pets because of busy schedules, but pets being an integral part of the family need special care.This has opened many opportunities for entrepreneurs who are ready to invest heavily in on-demand dog walking app development. With the right strategies and planning, you can make the most of this and grow your business.
- On-demand Laundry AppsStatista has predicted that the laundry care segments will generate a revenue of $76,300 million in 2020. It is expected to grow by 4% annually.Who thought that a simple laundry service could generate this huge revenue? One cannot simply ignore the contribution of laundry facilities and dry cleaning services.Laundry services are becoming our needs because no one wants to sit on a weekend to do this monotonous work when they can utilize their time on some important task. These simple concepts like on demand laundry services have influenced the invention of on-demand laundry apps.
- On-demand Video Streaming AppAccording to Statista, the revenue of on-demand video streaming services is projected to reach USD 71,237 million in 2021. Video streaming apps came into notice when Netflix and Amazon Prime started ruling this industry with their apps. These two are best video streaming on demand apps examples.
- No doubt, they have changed the way people used to watch movies and shows earlier. Now, you just need good internet connectivity and a subscription to watch your favorite shows.However, it will not completely replace the televisions but with time people also started gradually moving to prefer video streaming apps. Such types of apps have everything; flexibility, convenience, downloading, selecting favorites to add an enjoyable experience to audiences’ lives.After COVID-19 has happened, people do not prefer to watch movies outside because of the risk. Therefore, creating an on-demand video streaming app could be the best idea for your business.
- On-demand E-learning AppAgain because of COVID-19, students are locked inside the doors. Now the question arises, how will students continue to study?Well creating apps like on-demand e-learning can help those students to continue their studies. Adapting digitalization for the education sector is one of the best opportunities at this point. Not only have e-learning apps transformed the way of delivering education but have also created a demand in the market. Even for Ed-tech companies, developing e-learning apps for education is one of the best app ideas to make money.
- If you have planned to create an e-learning app, then you can add advanced features like hiring tutors with their complete information, video calls, and uploading tutorial videos.
- On-demand Flight Booking AppThe travel industry is flourishing along with smartphone apps. App development has significantly improved the entire travel business.Especially, in the flight booking business, where you can book a flight at your convenience and don’t have to pay commission to your travel agent.If you develop a flight booking app with extra features like a reward system and weather forecast, your app will get higher chances to get succeed in this competitive market.
- On-demand Ridesharing AppsSince travel has become extremely convenient, most people can not even think of functioning without travel application. You can easily book a cab with the apps like LYFT, Uber, Via, and BlaBla Car in seconds and hit the road.Now, you don’t worry about standing in a queue to book a ticket, a ridesharing app is enough for you to travel a long distance.Thinking of a business perspective, on-demand apps like bus booking apps, logistics apps, taxi booking apps, bicycle apps, and e-scooter are the potential start-up ideas you can implement. Since, these applications allow you to connect with your client, offer long-distance transport service at sustainable rates.
- On-demand Doctor Booking AppIn the middle of the night, you fall sick and have an extreme headache. You are certainly not in the condition to drive or visit your nearby clinic for a checkup.In such a situation, if you would have an on-demand doctor booking app on your phone, you can directly contact the doctors nearby your location through call, video, or voice call and explain your issues to them.Additionally, the doctors will help you with the prescription to buy medication without visiting any place. You can directly connect with the doctor and if there is an emergency, you can also call them at your home.
- On-demand Payment Wallet AppThe cashless transaction has become the new normal. Applications like PayPal and CashApp have already set the industry standards by proving their worth.